Strony

poniedziałek, 29 października 2018

Be open minded - ballet at tattoo convention

On 14th of October I had privilege to be star of the evening at Warsaw Tattoo Convention 2018.
This incredibly mind opening event took place for the sixth time and was truly amazing!!! 
It is one of the biggest European tattoo events that people from all around the World know of and take part in. Few hundred artists doing tattoos in different techniques and people who decide to have tattoo done in front of others  - that is something to see.

At this event You can meet people who are all covered in tattoos or don't have tattoos at all, but want one in near future. You can meet doctors, lawyers, salesmen, nurses, accounting managers, presidents of associations, artists of all kind, photographers, musicians - all having one in common - LOVE FOR TATTOOS.

If You didn't know most of people who are covered in tattoos do it because they have need to express themselves, sometimes to feel more powerful, sometimes to remember something. Tattoos become second skin, part of everyday life, a symbol of being true and brave.

For some people wearing make up, earrings, watches, well cut suit is most important and without those things they do not feel like themselves, feel naked and with tattoos is a bit similar. People with tattoos - including me - have need to have their tattoos, we love them and can't imagine our existence without them. 

Sometimes people ask - and have You thought what it will be like when You will be old? - and I say: I will be cool old lady with tattoos if I will be lucky enough to get old:)

As for my show at this event: to dance ballet to heavy metal music at such an event was my small dream which came true thanks to organizers (Juniorink - one of the best tattoo studios in Poland) of the convention, who were crazy enough to let Rebel Ballerina dance her ballet act: "Infected Swan". I called Dominik, who takes care of marketing etc. few days before the event and proposed my show and he said I should come and meet Junior (owner of Juniorink) and we talked about the show and 3 minutes later they said - YES, let's do it!

It was first time that ballet was shown at such an event. I hope not the last one!

After the performance I had pleasure to take a look at artists at work and talk to some of them - GREAT, KIND, OPEN MINDED PEOPLE !!!

Here is photo reportage by me and my dear friend and great photographer Michał Ignar
















My "Infected Swan" solo was created by me 6 years ago. It evolved a lot from that time. At first "Infected Swan" was started as infected and discovering about being different and then starting to accept being different and then totally loving it. Now the start is very different as I come in with the music of "Dying Swan" by E.Satie only my swan is totally black and with long black veil. I also started to do neoburlesque version with changing clothes on stage as characteristic for burlesque symbol of transformation. The ending remained the same - absolute love for being "Infected Swan".



People actually asked before having closer look if my face make up is a real tattoo. They liked it and thought of doing something like that. So next time You will see person with tattoo like this - you know what was inspiration :)




Amazing kinda nomad/hippie style tattoo team of people from all around the World.
They do amazing things with wooden sticks as well.
Very tribal, very close to nature.
Here are two instagram accounts of some team's members:
Amazing artists, amazing people
And yes, you will read a lot of "amazing" in this article :)





Little photo session with Dominik from Juniorink.
He was crazy enough to let me dance ballet at Warsaw Tattoo Convention 2018.
In Juniorink he is a person responsible for studio image, answering all inquiries, social media, all other marketing very important matters so others can tattoo in peace and have more and more clients coming.




here with Siwy from Yakuza Studio - he made my recent tattoo and helped my previously (made many years ago) tattoo look beautiful and fresh. All my tattoos were always done in Yakuza.




Very positive energy at @szymon_szumala_tattoo_artist




And at the same box with Szymon Szumala other artist with a deeply female and spiritual look: Izabela Solarz @izabella.samsara.tattoo




And another great women tattooing in White Rabbit Studio that I wanna introduce ad their art is simply unique and worth checking:
Karolina Wilczewska - art deco, gothic style @karolina.wilczewska.tattoo
Nastia Jurewicz - dark, poetic @nastiatattoo




If You are afraid of doing tattoos, but You really want one You should definitely consider visiting fb-daveeblows. He is warm, kind, understanding and will never force anything on You and even though he has his unique style, he will do what You will want and You will do it with love and respect.





And here last but not least and very famous Azazel Studio - very professional and I would call it: classical with good taste.

I am so sorry I am unable to introduce all artists, but that was simply not possible as I was there just two hours. You can however check who was there at official website of Warsaw Tattoo Convention

What I have learnt by being there? 
that I still have so much to learn.

What was main theme at Warsaw Convention Tattoo 2018?
open minded and open hearted people, who don't judge anyone and don't care what other people think about them if they want to judge others only because someone has all body covered with tattoos.

I can't wait for another event like this and hope to be part of it and present more od dark, gothic, heavy metal, freaky ballet shows.

Photos: Michał Ignar
Special Thanks to extraordinary people from Juniorink


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Cruelty Free - Vegan Pointe Shoes

photo by Piotr Leczkowski As the World changes and the awarness of where things are coming from and what they are made of is increasing ...