Strony

niedziela, 25 grudnia 2016

Broken foot - what it means to ballerina 4

A year ago - on 15th of December 2015 I broke my foot. I was preparing new combination for my students, I wanted to challenge them with the speed of simple entrechat trois and maybe I wanted to challenge myself even more. I played new, quicker version of music and in one moment in the air I did;t know what exactly I want to do - still entrechat trots or something else. This moment costed me broken foot, pain, fear of never going back to professional dance. Breaking foot was to me fear #1 - (when it comes to my dancing), I couldn't imagine myself breaking anything and well...yet I did and I had to face it and be brave. 
During this one year I have learnt so much about myself. I saw how limited I was, how vane, how lost. My broken foot showed me my new face and changed me into someone I always imagined I would and wanted to be - someone smiling no matter what and being patient and always there for others and even more aware of other people's and myself's emotions. The benefits of severe injury are countless. And I am thankful each and every day that I broke my foot and that it did;t break me, my spirit. On contrary - it made me so much stronger and simply better and knowing which path I want to follow in my life.
I came to this point in my life when I know that the only sense life has is the one I give to it. My choice was and is to be giving, helping and loving every single person no matter how sometimes thoughtless people are. I decided that love will be my only guide and that I will love myself and others same much as I love myself as all people are part of me. I decided that no matter how people act sometimes and that they try to abuse me and they lie, cheat, try to break the peace I will always be kind. If someone doesn't want to see this and doesn't understand or tries to prove his/her own right without wanting to really hear and see me I will as kindly as I can let that person go, because I want to be around understanding people, who accept me so I can bring out the best in me and there for make more people around me happy. I decided that I will be happy and I believe that happiness is a choice, which has to be made everyday - so everyday I CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY and what I wish to you is:
BE PATIENT WITH YOURSELF AND SMILE - this smile will change you and people around you - just try and see what miracles will start to happen.

Below is photo summary of my BROKEN FOOT NOT BROKEN SPIRIT and as one year has passed and I am fully recovered I will not go back to this again.


Two weeks after the accident I started to teach again as teaching others is my life



I decided to do #BROKENFOOTNOTBROKENSPIRIT photo session, because I am an artists and every experience should make me spiritually more reach and I have need to share that with others. And I though that is simply interesting and challenging.

(photo by Piotr Leczkowski)


I decided that breaking left foot will be great time to work on my weak points - I always wanted to lift left leg same as right one and make right one be same good as standing left as left always was, so I took advantage of the situation :)


3 minutes after taking off the plaster - I was very scared and I knew I will have to be very patient and will have to have a lot of mental strength to go back to dancing on points


My first try of pointing foot. It was very scary and at the same time happy moment. I din't know to laugh or to cry


And then day by day it was getting better, millimeter by millimeter. I didn't want for this to overpower me, I decided I will create a new power out of it


It was like big sister - right foot - talking everyday to small sister - left foot - trying to help her with recovery. It helped a lot. I was thinking that it is only the matter of time when left one will be same strong and beautifully arched



Was happy with every progress and it helped me to understand even more how human's mind works and how can be motivated


After two weeks from taking off the plaster I started to bike, which doctor said I shouldn't, but I felt that I should and so followed what I feel and I know and ...I was right :) I decided to listen to myself and never ever again quite my instincts


Progress was more and more visible - that gave me strength to keep on going no matter how bad day I had


My first pointing foot and getting ready to jump again



Then I nearly couldn't tell the difference :)

I decided it is time to put even more weight on my foot and put back shoes with higher heels. I needed it to feel more like woman again


So happy I was able to dance again


The ritual sea bath. People believe in many different things I believed that I need to step in sea and after that it will be much better and it was. The power of mind is amazing !


First big jump - it was so exciting !!! I was still afraid, but did it and felt free again


And then I put back pint shoes on. I had sweaty hands was so stressed and I didn't know how to squeeze my left foot back in point shoe, but somehow I did it and stepped on it and it was a huge break through. From that photo session I believed everything will be great, maybe it will always be different, but what is wrong with different?

(photo by Don Pedro)


And then earlier than any doctor said I was back on stage in point shoes and feeling like myself more than ever. I will never be same person again and I will never be same person as I was yesterday. Everyday teaches me something and I grow stronger and wiser and more experienced. I want to treat life as beautiful journey and give as much as I can for as long as I will be able to.

(photo by Michał Ignar)


Then when I thought that the most difficult time was over even more difficult time came - my dad died. The only thing I could do was to dance about it and I was so thankful I could dance it out.


Life teaches me that no matter if Universe has no beginnings and endings - we, people, spending lifetime now/ here on Earth need certain frames such as being born and dying, such as being sick and getting healthy, such as the end of past year and the beginning of new year. There is nothing wrong with beginnings and endings and learning that until we live our life keeps on going and life around will not stop, because someone died, because something happened to us. All we can do is to embrace all the feelings we have, cherish them even if we are sad and then move on. For me moving on was to dance again and let my experiences leave a mark on my dancing and on all my actions towards other people. I decided that broken foot and death of my dad will not break me. I decided I want to have beautiful if, which I was given and give some of that energy to others.

(photo by Jędrzej Molczyk)

Love yourself, love others and show it everyday !


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Cruelty Free - Vegan Pointe Shoes

photo by Piotr Leczkowski As the World changes and the awarness of where things are coming from and what they are made of is increasing ...