Strony

czwartek, 25 sierpnia 2016

"Being humble = asking no question" - about dignity in ballet world


Why should I be humble when someone says and tells me that I should?
Should I be humble only because it is part of tradition of the ballet?
But as history shows things changes and what was right in past doesn't always have any right of being in nowadays reality.

Shouldn't I be humble when I choose and towards things I choose?

Isn't being humble against being true artist?

I have a feeling that being humble in ballet is a part of violent education where at the beginning students and later on brain washed dancers are not suppose to question anything and anyone and what more ask any question.
They are suppose to be thankful for being scram at, being pushed around and treated with no dignity.


I believe that people, who think that have power over something and someone decided that other people should be humble, because they are easier to be controlled. They grew generations of humble, uncreative people using them as it fits, not seeing real people with emotional needs.
I believe nowadays ballet should be represented by strong, creative individuals that will show that dancers are just as important as everyone else and they are not just monkeys doing what they are told to.
I always wondered why such a hard working people - dancers - shouldn't be treated with respect and dignity always and especially during working time. Why directors and choreographers let themselves scream at dancers, treat them with no respect.

I strongly say NO to that.
The only think I will humble about is death.

photo by Piotr Leczkowski www.foto-gramy.pl

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Cruelty Free - Vegan Pointe Shoes

photo by Piotr Leczkowski As the World changes and the awarness of where things are coming from and what they are made of is increasing ...